New Student Resources 2020-21
This page will be continually updated as new information becomes available.
New Student & Family Orientation will take place on August 24 from 9 a.m. to noon. Please complete the Orientation Registration form so that we can properly prepare for your arrival.
Meet the Student Orientation Leaders
Click here for a pdf introducing you to our Orientation Leader team, created by Co-Head Orientation Leaders: Colleen Sarver '21 and Kaela Steele '21. The Orientation Leader team is committed to not only welcoming and celebrating the beginning of your Woodlands experience on August 24th, but to serving as mentors throughout the year.
Click here for a letter from our Dean of Students and Preliminary Orientation Details and What to Expect.
SAVE THE DATE
Please refer to the school calendar for the most up to date information regarding events.
Course Placement, Class Schedules, Book Purchase and Summer Assignments
Rocco Gargiulo ext. 114
Rosemary Briesch ext. 305
Technology & Personal Device Specifications
Elliot Coffey ext. 117
International Student Coordinator
Amy Perlick ext. 406
Medical Forms/ Health Info
Chris Grasenick ext. 210
Required Forms, Parent Portal and MyBackPack
Patty Drummond ext. 216
New Student Orientation and Uniforms
Emma Hindman ext. 414
Colleen Treutler ext. 227
Transportation and Food Service
Chris Grasenick ext. 210
Robin Anderson ext. 222
Woodlands students will wear casual dress for the first semester. Students are expected to familiarize themselves with casual dress expectations outlined below, and dress appropriately for Physical Education classes and after school athletics on days they are scheduled to do so (athletic pants or shorts, a t-shirt, and gym shoes.)
Casual Dress Expectations:
- Shorts and skirts must be of appropriate/modest length. Pants should not have any holes in them.
- Shirts must cover the shoulders. No low cut (front or back), strapless, spaghetti straps, or crop tops/bare midriffs.
- Any images and words displayed must be appropriate (absolutely no reference to drugs, alcohol, violence, or any form of hate speech/inappropriate language).
- With the exception of the Woodlands logo, masks must be free from logos or slogans. School appropriate artistic patterns are acceptable and masks may be any color.
- No facial piercings or unnatural hair colors are permitted.
- Shoes are required at all times.
- Students may wear the uniform on days they do not have Physical Education or sports practices/games if they desire, but this is not a requirement.
We will return to our standard uniform at a later date.
Due to social distancing requirements, Woodlands Academy has contracted with Olson Transportation to provide our shuttle services for this school year. Shuttle seats are issued on a first come first served basis upon completion of the Required Student Information Form (completed via MyBackPack). Spots are filling up quickly!
Train riders should keep an eye out for a yellow school bus with "Olson Transportation" on the side.
For normal Red/White school days (beginning August 28) the following shuttles will be available:
A 7:35 a.m. and 8:35 a.m. shuttle to Woodlands from Fort Sheridan Station servicing the UPN Metra line will be available every school day. The after school shuttle to Fort Sheridan will depart Woodlands at 3:15 p.m. and 4:15 p.m. on school days.
A 7:35 a.m. or 8:05 a.m. shuttle to Woodlands from the West Lake Forest Station on 911 Telegraph Road serving the MDN Metra line will be available for those who reserve a seat.
Please be sure to check the alternate Metra schedules at the Metra Rail website.
Questions? Please contact Mrs.Chris Grasenick.
In order to respond to the safety protocols necessary to keep our community safe and still offer healthy, delicious meals to our community, Woodlands Academy is partnering with Handcut Foods to provide meal service this school year. After extensive research, we are confident that Handcut will be an excellent partner in providing healthy, delicious food to our students, faculty, and staff. All meals will be pre-portioned and pre-packaged. This also means that meals will need to be ordered ahead of time.
Families of day students, please be on the lookout for an email directly from Handcut Foods which will detail pricing information and account setup.
Families of our boarding students, our residence life staff will work directly with our residents to coordinate food ordering.
Curious about the offerings? Click here to view a menu!
No food delivery to campus will be permitted until further notice. This includes delivery directly from restaurants, UberEats, Door Dash, Grubhub, etc. Students should either pack a lunch or order from Handcut foods.
- Will orchestra be happening? Yes! Will meet from 8:10-8:50 a.m. daily
- What instruments will be allowed?Still TBD – we are investigating best practices and guidelines
- Will schedule changes ever conflict with orchestra? No. Woodlands has a long standing tradition of holding orchestra at "Period 0" so all students may participate.
- How do I sign up? Please email Principal Rocco Gargiulo
- Please mail a certified copy of your student's birth certificate along with your student’s middle school transcript showing her 8th grade graduation to to: Patty Drummond Woodlands Academy 760 East Westleigh Road Lake Forest, IL 60045
Calendar & Category Legend:
- School Calendar