Health & Wellness
A hallmark of a Sacred Heart education is to educate to personal growth, which includes promoting a healthy balance in the lives of our students.
Student well-being at Woodlands Academy is supported through a variety of programs aimed at fostering:
- physical wellness
- social-emotional development
- healthy decision making skills
Students are supported through the advisory program, by opportunities for individual counseling, by the college counseling program, health and physical education courses as well as through participation in the Student Development Curriculum, and by the work of the Student Support Team.
• All members of the school community show respect, acceptance and concern for themselves and for others.
• School policies and practices promote self-discipline, responsible decision-making, and accountability.
• Students grow in self-knowledge and develop self-confidence as they learn to deal realistically with their gifts and limitations.
• School programs provide for recognizing, nurturing and exercising leadership in its many forms.
• The school provides opportunities for all members of the community to share their knowledge and gifts with others.
• All members of the school community take personal responsibility for balance in their lives and for their health and well-being.