Director of Admission and Affordability -- Full Time Staff Position
Exciting opportunity to develop the enormous potential of young women at a school where girls are empowered to lead.
Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart is one of 24 Sacred Heart schools in the United States and Canada. Sacred Heart education at Woodlands Academy is distinctive and emphasizes best practices for the education of girls and innovative practices for academic excellence. Established in 1858, the school forms global citizens and transforms young women through a dynamic of relationships that responds to the dignity of each member of the school community.
Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart is seeking a full-time Director of Admission and Affordability. This employee is committed to recruiting and enrolling mission appropriate students and families to attend Woodlands Academy, with a focus on growing enrollment. Woodlands Academy believes that a multicultural perspective is an essential element of a 21st Century education and values diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
This employee will report to the Director of Enrollment and Community Outreach and will join a highly collaborative, innovative, and experienced faculty and staff.
- Directing the admissions process from point of inquiry through enrollment. Serve as a member of the admissions committee.
- Leading prospective families through a personalized admissions process, reviewing all applications, ensuring that prospective families provide the school with all needed information, and communicating in a timely, thoughtful manner with them throughout, including admissions and indexed tuition (financial aid) decisions.
- Interpreting the school to prospective candidates and their families.
- Arranging and overseeing all campus visits and necessary observations of applicants.
- Leading admissions and recruiting functions, on-campus and off-site.
- Promoting good relationships with outside institutions or groups (schools, libraries, civic associations, middle schools, real estate agencies, etc.) that can be helpful in attracting quality students.
- Coordinating all international recruiting, including international travel to attend fairs and meet with prospective students and families. Initiate and maintain relationships with consultants as needed and monitor and communicate international market trends and opportunities.
- Collaborating with the Head of School, Director of Finance, and the Finance Committee to design and manage an effective and sustainable indexed tuition strategy and its annual execution.
- Coordinating all re-enrollment activity with constant monitoring of attrition and retention.
- Working with the senior administrative team to maintain best retention practices.
- Working closely with and supervising an admissions associate.
- Partnering with Marketing and Communications to guide marketing strategies.
- Developing strategies to increase the diversity of our student body: racially, ethnically, religiously, and geographically across our community.
- Assisting in development of new family and new student orientations and overall transitions to Woodlands.
- Compiling and disseminating data for institutional benchmarking purposes.
- Researching, monitoring, and analyzing demographic trends -- local, statewide, and national -- that affect enrollment, and providing substantive reporting to the Head of School, Board of Trustees, administration, and faculty to inform decision-making.
- Overseeing all admissions- and enrollment-related components of the school's student information system.
- Developing and implementing a strategic, mission-driven admissions plan for achieving enrollment goals.
- A bachelor's or master's degree in an appropriate educational field is required
- At least three years of experience in admissions preferred
- Experience in sales and/or marketing preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communicating clearly in written and oral forms with a diversity of constituents; detail oriented and highly organized
- Support, implement, and model the Goals and Criteria for Sacred Heart Schools
- Uphold professional standards of personal presentation, discretion, punctuality, and clear, direct, open communication
- Understanding of adolescents and single gender education
- Passion for selling the value of an all-girls high school experience
- When appropriate, engage in the life of the school (presence at assemblies, meeting, events, etc.)
- A commitment to cultural diversity and ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- A willingness to be an active, enthusiastic member of the Woodlands community
Upon employment: completion of Virtus: Protecting God's Children training and successful completion of criminal offender record information and sexual offender registry information checks.
An equal opportunity employer, Woodlands Academy seeks to hire outstanding and diverse faculty who work together harmoniously toward the common mission of the school.
Please complete the application materials listed on the Career Opportunities web page of the school's website at woodlandsacademy.org.All applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, three written references, and a Job Faculty Application.
Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart is an all-girls, Catholic, college preparatory day and boarding school in Lake Forest, IL.Visit the school's website at www.woodlandsacademy.org and the website of the Network of Sacred Heart Schools at www.sacredheartusc.education.
Woodlands Academy is an equal opportunity employer.Woodlands Academy does not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, age, disability, status as a veteran or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard, or any other classification protected under state or federal law.