- Residence Life
Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart in Lake Forest, IL, seeks a creative, energetic, mature female with an interest in mentoring international and domestic high school students at this all-girls college preparatory day and boarding school.
The Residence Life Coordinator reports to the Directors of Residence Life and resides in the boarding school. She is part of a team that is responsible for building community, developing programs, and enforcing school policy in an atmosphere of care, respect, and compassion. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, nurturing, and committed to helping high school girls ages 14-19 grow and prosper within the boarding school environment.
Job responsibilities include working with the Residence Life team to:
- Serve as in loco parentis to ensure that residents are safe, nurtured, and supported
- Create a welcoming, supportive, and respectful living community, while ensuring that boarding school policies are communicated and followed
- Encourage and support student leadership opportunities and participation in community service events
- Support and celebrate the ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds of the boarding students
- Interpret, enforce and review policies and procedures that relate to student conduct concerns
- Provide transportation to Residence Life for school events and activities in school vehicles
- Help students navigate life as a boarding student as it relates to personal well-being, academics, and environment
- Authorize student departures for activities off-campus
- Foster relationships by building community with boarding students, parents, and colleagues
- Offer creative after-school, evening, and weekend activities and programs
- Authenticate travel plans during break times and college visits
- Upon employment: completion of Virtus: Protecting God’s Children training and successful completion of criminal offender record information and sexual offender registry information checks
- Other duties as assigned
Candidates must be female and possess a bachelor’s degree and a valid driver’s license. Boarding school or Residence Life experience is preferred. Applicants working toward a bachelor’s degree, who have Residence Life experience, will also be considered for this role. If Residence Life Coordinators live in the Residence Hall, they cannot have spouses, friends, or children reside with them. In addition to salary and benefits, complete room and board will be offered to full-time candidates. Residence Life Coordinators are expected to be on-duty on a rotating schedule, as well as attend weekly staff meetings. The rotating schedule is typically every other weekend (3pm Friday through 9am Monday morning*), two weekdays a week (3pm through 9am the following morning), and above mentioned, weekly staff meetings.
*Coordinators are allowed to sleep during overnight hours but will remain on duty in the event of any urgent student needs and/or emergencies.
Why you should join our community:
- We offer generous health/dental/vision plans, life and long-term disability insurance, voluntary life and short-term disability, 403(b) with 5% contribution of annual salary, and flexible spending accounts; (for full-time employees working 30+ hours a week only)
- Room and board offered for full time roles;
- Other employment opportunities within the school community;
- Get to go on exciting and fun trips with the students to museums, zoos, Chicago, Milwaukee, shopping, professional sports games, AND MORE;
- Employees get summers off with special holiday hours for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Spring Break;
- Opportunities to volunteer;
- Close to Chicago;
- Have a tremendous impact on the lives of young women.
Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart is one of 24 Sacred Heart schools in the United States and Canada, and 150 schools worldwide. Established in 1858, the school forms global citizens and transforms young women within a dynamic of relationships that affirms the dignity of each member of the school community. Woodlands Academy believes that a multicultural perspective is an essential element of a 21st century education and values diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
How to apply:
Please complete the application materials listed on the Career Opportunities web page of the school’s website here. All applicants must submit a Residence Life Application, cover letter, resume, and Personal Reflection. We also strongly suggest applicants submit three written references for consideration.
Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart is an all-girls, Catholic, college preparatory day and boarding school in Lake Forest, IL. Visit the school’s website at https://www.woodlandsacademy.org/ and the website of the Network of Sacred Heart Schools at www.sacredheartusc.education to learn more.
Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion*, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, genetic information, age, disability, status a veteran or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard, or any other classification under state of federal law.
*The School reserves the right to use religion as a hiring criterion for selected positions and nature of a school as a faith-based institution as permitted by law.