Woodlands Academy is following news and information about the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in our region. We continue to follow the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Illinois Department of Public Health in our response to COVID-19. Because the situation is changing and evolving quickly, we ask you to check this page regularly for updates.
Last Updated: April 3, 2020 at 3:00 p.m.
- Remote Learning extended until at least 5/4
- All sports and extra-curricular activities suspended until 5/4
- Move to Remote Learning beginning 3/16
- 3/15 WAPA Family Mass and Potluck POSTPONED
- 3/13 Woodlands Dance CANCELED
- 3/12 Shadow Day for 7th Graders POSTPONED
- 3/12 Imagine Yourself in the C-Suite POSTPONED
As stated by the CDC, preventing and mitigating an outbreak is the most important strategy. We all have a responsibility to adhere to the following preventive measures and we ask that you review them with your daughter(s) at home:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
• If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Stay home when you are sick (and do not return to school until you are fever-free for 24 hours without medication).
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.